Thursday, January 26, 2012

For the Head of Your Bed

I'm a sucker for anything upholstered, and upholstered headboards are one of my favorite things! I love the warm and welcoming feel they bring to the bedroom. One of the great things about upholstered headboards is that they are so versatile and can be incorporated into many different personal design styles. They can be calm or bold, girly or masculine (that's right guys!), traditional or modern. These headboards can also be a good weekend DIY project!


Here are some of my favorites right now:

Pottery Barn- Raleigh Upholstered Camelback Bed & Headboard with Nailhead.
I really like the classic camelback shape with the masculine nailhead trim and exposed block feet.
Shown upholstered in camel colored twill fabric. 
Close-up of nailhead trim around the outer edge.
 Pottery Barn- Georgetown Tufted Headboard. Clean, straight lines. Need I say more?

PB Georgetown Tufted Headboard, again.
Close up.

West Elm- Diamond Tufted Headboard

Close up.


Furniture Envy- Venice Bed

DIY tutorial for this headboard found on Pinterest from Southern Exposure blog.
DIY tutorial for this headboard found on Pinterest from the Hunted Interior blog.
...so pretty! And I really like the skinny neck on that lamp : )
Bright yellow & white headboard from Better Homes & Gardens. I really like the shape of this one too.
Tutorial for this headboard.
Bold headboard color and shape with simple white bedding.
Source: decorpad.com via Grograin Fabulous blog
Colorful custom headboard in chevron, with nailhead trim.
...I would LOVE to make one like this!!!
Source: 6th Street Design School
I've made a few upholstered headboards in the past, but they were nothing fancy...I think I'm going to figure out how to make a king size wing back headboard for myself! 

Any favorite How To's out there? Has anyone made their own wing back headboard? I'm sure the construction would be similar to a GIANT chair back! Ha ha..That would be one huge chair!! Speaking of big chairs...


World's Biggest Rocking Chair just happens to be found in Cuba, MO

Let me see what you got, folks!

Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment