Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Classic Wingback Re-upholstered

Another chair from my archives:
I recovered this chair last spring/summer for a friend. She wanted to have this chair recovered as a gift for her Mom.


Before.
After.
The frame of this chair was is very good condition. It had previously lived in a home with someone who smoked, so the fabric and inner stuffing had some lingering smoke smells. I replaced all of the padding and made a new seat cushion....so fresh and so clean! (that makes me start singing Outkast's So Fresh, So Clean...."Ain't no body dope as me, I'm just so fresh, so clean (so fresh and so clean clean)..." It's been a long time since I've heard that song!) Anyway, back to the chair. Here are some pictures during and after the re-do.

During deconstruction

Removing old stuffing during deconstruction


Starting to place the 1st layer of new padding.


Finished.










With arm rest and head rest covers.


The new fabric is traditional and neutral--much better than the orange stripes from the '70's. The new look will work with many different design situations and can easily be dressed-up or down with accent pillows and room accessories.

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment