Friday, January 20, 2012

Pretty, Girly, Pink & Green!

That's how I like to describe this chair makeover.




I worked on this chair sometime this past spring or summer, and it was really fun to work on because of the fabric design (however, I don't know the designer). It's very Lilly Pulitzer like. The chair belonged to a friend of a friend, who wanted to have it reupholstered for her teenage daughter's bedroom. I think it might have even been a birthday present for her daughter. Anyway, I was able to reupholster it for her and it is just soooo cute!

Here is a before shot:


This chair was made by Henredon, circa 1988, and this was the original upholstery. It was in really great condition and only needed a face lift! The only change I made was adding some extra padding to the arms...they were pretty stiff. I reassembled the upholstery, piece by piece, taking good notes and tons of pictures along the way to assist with putting it all back together. Working with the pattern was challenging...vertical and horizontal lines require A LOT more concentration and precision than a solid fabric, let me tell ya! 

Front arm panel.

Back of chair and top of the inside back. (sorry it's blurry)

Front of seat and chair.

Skirt and front of chair.


Side view.

And another look at the original:

Before.

After.

This certainly makes me want to make a wild accent chair for myself!....I've got one in the works- stay tuned!!!

Till next time!
Jess









No comments:

Post a Comment